The Jim Hutchinson family consists of Jim and Laura and their three daughters (Alaina, Katie, and Emily).
Jim was saved at the age of 18 and Laura at the age of 7. As young adults they met at church and were married in 1992.
Brother Hutchinson surrendered to preach while on a mission trip to Mexico in 1991. In 1996, during a mission conference, they surrendered to be full-time missionaries in Russia. Jim completed his schooling and they served a three-year internship at Thomas Road Baptist Church, in Phoenix, Arizona. During their internship, Laura served as ladies’ ministry director and nursery coordinator.
Jim and Laura were approved as BBFI missionaries in May 2001. Following two years of deputation, they arrived in Moscow, Russia on May 3, 2003.
The Hutchinsons spent their first term on the field engaged in intensive language study, pastoring Grace Baptist Church in Moscow, assisting another missionary in Moscow and working with other Baptist missionaries to compile Bible college curriculum that will be used throughout Russia. They are now serving the Lord in Moscow on their second term.
Their vision includes continuing to pastor the Grace Baptist Church in Moscow (with an emphasis on prayer and evangelism) as well as to see the Bible college curriculum finalized and implemented in the local church in Moscow and in other cities across Russia. Their desire is to train nationals to be more effective in the local church and to assist those who have the desire to engage in church-planting throughout Russia.
The Hutchinson's sending church is the Thomas Road Baptist Church in Phoenix, Arizona. Their mission board is Baptist Bible Fellowship International.
The Hutchinsons can be contacted at:
We thank God for this dedicated missionary family. Please join us in praying for the Hutchinsons.
Greetings ALL and welcome to our website. I pray that you take some time to look around these pages, where you will find out about our church, our faith, and that our God talks to us through His Holy Word, the King James Bible. We are a Bible-believing Church that wants to understand God’s instruction and will for our life.
We are excited for all visitors who make it to our Church and we Welcome our returning family the Park's who have decided to move to the island, and we Pray for Simon Jr, as he starts University of Victoria on the 2nd of September, and also the Galanida family - it’s always a pleasure seeing all of you, Please come back again soon!
We understand that trying to find a new church can be daunting and sometimes even down-right intimidating, but we invite you to come and experience our home church. We’re a friendly, inviting group and we’re always excited to have Visitors attend services… Will you please be our next visitor and join us this Sunday or Thursday? Services start Sunday morning- 11am and Sunday Evening - 6pm and our Prayer Meeting starts at 7pm - Thursday nights. Please come to find out personally why we trust and believe in God and the promises He gave to us in His Book, the Holy Bible.
If you missed a service, you can listen to many past messages by just clicking on this link - you will be connected to many great messages, lessons, and preaching on a wide variety of topics by our Pastor Carter - please click on "Links" to see what messages we have recorded that may help you in your life or help you gain a better understanding of God’s Will.
Last Sunday morning and this Sunday morning, Pastor Carter preached a message entitled, “Request Coming Out of Hell”…. Using Luke 16:19-31 for us to better understand this message: Part 1, Part 2,
What are the requests coming out of Hell? Many people do not believe in Hell today… and many do not believe in God either. Reality is: THERE IS A PLACE CALLED HELL.
1. Hell is REAL – this is a place where unbelievers go when they die. Mark 9:43-48 tells us that Hell is ETERNAL and that the fire will never be quenched. Jesus is the One telling us this fact; He is declaring that Hell exists. Revelation 14:11 also tells us that Hell is forever and whosoever enters into Hell will be tormented day and night… forever. There are other passages that describe what Hell is: Matthew 25:41; Matthew 25:46; Luke16:19-31. Hell was not created for mankind, it was created for the fallen angels and the Devil. But it now is also used as the eternal destiny for sinners who will not repent in this life. 2. Hell is a place without blessings - we are continually blessed here on earth, and some may take these blessings for granted. But once you pass away without God’s salvation, there is no blessings or second chance to be saved.
3. God’s presence is not experienced in Hell – The Bible states that the souls in Hell can see into Paradise - these people can see what they could have had. In Hell they can feel – it says that they feel the heat of the fire constantly. In Hell their memory is acute, they will be able to forever recall all the efforts and all the words that someone made and expressed by telling them about the Lord and His salvation, and all the times they rejected Christ.
What requests are made from Hell? In the passage from Luke 16:19-31:
1. Lord have Mercy on Me – mercy is "not getting what we deserve." Many people fail to believe in Hell before it’s too late.
2. They requested Relief - The rich man requested that Lazarus be sent to him to merely dip his finger in cool water to wet his tongue as he was being tormented in the fires and flames of Hell. Just one drop of water....
3. A request to send a messager to the rich man's family to warn them about Hell – no one in Hell will want their loved ones to ever go there. So the rich man requested that Lazarus come back from the dead to warn his family.
Please listen to this message about Requests from Hell, and then read our link on How to be Saved… We pray that you may come to the saving knowledge of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
The evening service, Pastor Carter continued a message that he started a while back... regarding the "Spiritual Gifts" using 1 Corinthians 12-14 as the text for his exposition. In this service, he began to teach from Chapter 13 about the necessity of "Love." Part 1, Part 2, 3 (recording error) Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10,Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18, Part 19,
What are the Spiritual Gifts mentioned in the Bible? Wisdom, knowledge, faith, healings, miracles, prophecy, discerning spirits, tongues, interpretation of tongues...Can there be an abuse of these spiritual gifts? God gave these gifts to unify the Church. They were given to the believers to benefit the ministry. All Spiritual Gifts were given to profit the whole church. Note! - the administration of these gifts were to always be graced with love. Paul wrote to the Corinthians and there is a theme to his message in these Chapters: We are all one body; We are to glorify God and use whatever gifts He gives to us as a means to benefit the whole of the body…"the Church."
God gave gifts to certain people that they could use to help others believe that God is the way the truth and the Life.
As this message continues, it will reveal how the Spiritual Gifts accomplished this benefit. Please listen to this and all upcoming messages to have a better understanding of these Spiritual Gifts and Graces that God gave.
We continually trust our Heavenly Father to build this church for His glory! It is our heart's desire to see people being saved in Victoria and the surrounding area and for God to bring other believers our way. Please pray with us concerning this desire. Thanks again for your prayers for this ministry. Your prayers are very much appreciated. We also count it a privilege to pray for the salvation of souls and the growth of saints in your church. Thank the Lord that "...we are labourers together with God..." 1 Corinthians 3:9.
We will continue to update you... ...as God dispenses His blessings upon us.